Monday, August 23, 2010

Dawson's First Day of Preschool


Ok, maybe twice a year, now that I have two kids attending school.


Dawson had her opportunity to meet Mrs "Ugly" (ie, Utley) at St James last Friday. I was ready to drop her and run, knowing that she would do great. Boy, was I wrong. Of all the kids (ok, only 5) she was the one clutching my leg in a death grip when it came time for Mrs Ugly to take her back to the classroom. She gave it a good fight, than gave in as if nothing had happened. She later told me that she had a great time and made a mouse, but was wondering why I didn't come back to pick her up after "coffee" (Mrs Utley's explanation of where all the Mommies go-yeah, let's stereotype, why don't we?)


So John and I took her to St James and she was all smiles. Cheesing for the camera and all smiles, hopping toward her before school care. She tells me she did great and quickly followed that by asking if she could eat the candy that Mrs Utley gave (enticed) her.


Jarrett is still adjusting to Kindergarten-really, CEP (before/after school care). 2 morning now I have had to forcibly have him removed from my leg while I run out the door. We have had a good discussion about this and he seems to understand that as hard as it is in the morning, at the end of the day, he is all smiles having met and made many new friends. It's a good way for everyone to greet their day.

1 comment:

Christine said...

I just cannot believe she is already in school. That they are both in school. She is getting to be such a big girl.

She looks adorable in the pictures.